Monday, December 11, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3133


AM WORKOUT (0424 wake up via dog)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 8, Workout 1





*30 Minutes of Mainwork*


1 burpee chins

2 Axle clean each rep and push press (103lb)


Each round, add 1 burpee chin and 2 presses


Finished my 10th burpee chin and 7th press before the timer ran out


*10% Corollary*


Breathing Squats w/pullovers

20x255+chains





50 pull aparts

25 conan curls


BREAKFAST


Walk w/wolf while wearing 50lb vest



Notes:


* Settled on this after slumming on Wodwell for some inspiration.  Push press is something I’ve neglected, and with me doing 20 rep squats later in the workout I didn’t wanna do thrusters or anything too lower body intensive, so this worked out well.  Good way to come back from the weekend/carb up as well.  If I really pushed the pace, this would be a monster conditioning workout, but this was more about rep quality and getting in the time.  The burpee chins allow for a solid enough break, and cleaning each rep means I can rest as needed to hit the goal.  I had an idea to go 21-15-9 as well, but wasn’t sure if that’d really fit into the 30 minutes.  


* Big W on those breathing squats.  I’m definitely reaching some limits there.  LOTS of breathing on those last 4-5 reps.  Never had that experience with low bar: I was always in such a rush to get the bar off my back.  This has been a positive experience.  It’s also been 8 weeks of Super Squatting, which is pretty nuts.  I’m seeing my physique really fill out while staying pretty lean.  But I’m also now halfway through a famine, and I can feel the mental fatigue hitting.  Amazingly enough, the squats are about the only thing I care to do: I’m getting a bit burnt out with the other stuff.  A deload would solve that, but that’s what my upcoming cruise is for.


* Recovered enough to get in the weight vest this morning.  That’s been a positive change.

No comments:

Post a Comment