Wednesday, December 6, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3128

AM WORKOUT (0422 wake up via dog)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 7, Day 3





(3) Axle Mat Pulls

5+3+3x405 (12 deep breaths between sets)


20 minutes of single arm kettlebell clean and press away

Pyramid up and down of 1-10-1, 50 pull aparts, then 1-5 


Total of 125 reps


Breathing squats w/pull overs

20x250+chains





Poundstone curls

100xAxle


Breakfast


Walk w/wolf (no vest)


Notes:


* I honestly had a few more reps in me on those mat pulls, but this movement really seems to light up my right hip/glute these days, and it’s a question of what do I win by sending it vs living to fight another day.  Still satisfied with the effort on it.  Curious if switching back to the deadlift bar would help.


* The KB clean and press was surprisingly challenging.  Got a very solid pump in the shoulders, and that rep total actually matches my efforts when doing a double KB clean and press with the same weight, so that speaks to the density of that approach.  I appreciate how it’s effectively a one man “I go-You go” style.  The single arm focus has been nice to throw in as well.  My right shoulder has been buggy since the comp: loose and clicky.


* I genuinely thought I was done at rep 18 of those squats.  17 was the number to beat from the previous.  I’m so used to low bar, where taking the time to breathe at the top would typically spell out certain death rather than recovery, but with the higher bar set up I was actually able to recover, regroup and get in a few more reps.  I’m definitely “fishing pole”-ing on those final reps, but it comes with the territory of the fatigue I’m bringing in.  I was happy to be absent of hip pain during the squats, and with my new knee sleeves my knee pain is also reducd.  Will be curious to see how the progression continues from here, as the famine is continuing onward.  So glad I got that deer processed, because venison has been an excellent way to get in some stupidly lean protein alongside all my egg whites.


* Forgot to log it yesterday, but I got in a walk with the dog with my weight vest.  This morning, I went without.  This day is so heavy it seems to help to go vestless.


* Tang Soo Do was a decent enough workout last night.  Lots of bodyweight stuff and a little bit of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment