Friday, December 1, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3123

AM WORKOUT (0425 wake up via alarm, got to bed late watching the Cowboys game)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 6, Workout 5






*30 Minutes of Main work*


GIANT SET (press-shrug-pull)


Axle continental and strict press away

5x156

2x4x166


Tree of Woe Shrugs

3x10


Band pull aparts

3x10


GIANT SETS (press-raise/ab-pull)


Axle clean and strict press away

5x10x123


Lateral raise

3x10x22.5


Wheel of Pain

2x10


Band pull aparts

6x15


Axle clean each rep and strict press

1x5x123 


*10% COROLLARY*


Breathing Squats w/pullovers

20x245+chains


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQuakeBy5E0


10 minutes of 5 dips and 5 KB swings w/40kg bell (18 rounds accomplished)

20 Conan Curls

20 Band pushdowns


BREAKFAST


Walk w/wolf (no weightvest)



Notes:


* First uninterrupted week in 2 weeks: got to bookend it with 2 pretty “normal” training sessions, stealing from 5/3/1.  This was 5/3/1 BBB Beefcake style, whereas the start of the week was more BBS.  The topsets showed some improvement for sure, but the real story is in the supplemental work.  I accidentally loaded 123 a few weeks ago and had to Malcolm X is to get it done, taking about 7 sets total.  Today, I absolutely crushed 50 reps in 5 sets.  Weight flew up.  Definitely seeing improvement in this training: great to get those little validations.


* Shoulders are still pretty sore/stiff from Klokovs and yesterday’s workout.


* Squats are in an interesting place.  My knees and right hip feel a little beat up on the day to day, and I felt my right hip twinge on a few reps during the squat, but in general today’s squatting felt the best out of the week.  Around rep 3 or 4 I was finding it pretty easy to move in and out of the hole.  Typically it takes about rep 7 to get there.  I’m finding I actually have LESS stretch reflex as time is going on: most likely a sign my mobility is improving.  I’m finishing off the final squats with quite a few breaths between reps, but find myself moving pretty quick through the squat itself.


* Had some extra time, since I was so far ahead on my 180 minutes, so I brought in the dip/swing circuit to cover some of those things I mentioned were getting neglected.  As like a pseudo conditioning workout as well.


* Went without the vest for the walk, as I’m feeling pretty beat from a hard week of training, and still got the grappling competition on Sunday.  On that note, my rash guard isn’t going to show up in time, which is a foul on amazon’s part, but I have some old gear I can still wear.  They’ll announce brackets tonight.  I also have Tang Soo Do tonight: lots of activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment