Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1802


(14) Chain Suspended Safety Squat Bar Squats 425+chains
1x4

(14) Chain Suspended Safety Squat Bar Squats 335+chains
1x7

Notes: Went dead stop on every rep for the second set. Huge difference, really felt effective. Going to push forward with this strategy to get a little more volume and practice breaking the bar off the chains.


Keg cleans 182lbs
7x1

Notes: Hit these in between warm ups for the squat. Drilling technique. Explosiveness was lacking, but as able to muscle things just fine. Had about 2-3 real good cleans with minimal extra movement at the end.


GHR sit up w/27.5lbs behind head
3x6

superset w/

GHR
3x10


Reverse hyper 270
2x10
1x15


Neck harness 45lbs
1x40


Notes: Finally remembered to train my neck. Have to keep on top of that. The more I train it, the better it feels, while as soon as I stop it feels like I slipped a disc.

2 comments:

  1. It's kind of weird that I've never seen anyone else talk about having problems if they omit neck work except us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun being special, haha. I just sold one of my co-workers on the idea. He says he gets bad neck pain during overhead work as well, so maybe we will have another convert. If nothing else, having a thick neck is always better than the alternative.

      Delete