Saturday, March 7, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1804

(5) Mat Pulls 550+chains
20 reps total

Notes: I finally found the old good deadlifter I used to be today. Back in true form, where it was about breaking the weight, getting it to the knees, and hinging the hips for all I was worth. Managed 12, 4 and 4, with all sets being pretty easy all things considered. Big ticket seemed to be to really focus on the hip hinge when I needed it. I was doing too little thinking these past few sessions, need to be more active.


Farmer's walks 305 per hand
4x50'

Notes: This was really slow. Very distinct separation between pick up and first steps, and had a lot of wobbles going on here. Hamstrings were pissed off when I was done, so I cut out the squats. Been pushing these real heavy the past few sessions, think I'm due to go light and focus on speed/distance/turns. And once my Yoke comes in, I'll be doing that a lot, haha.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome mat pulls. I keep forgetting to keep that little sequence in mind too sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I've been out of sorts on deadlifts for a long time. Just lost the natural feeling I had. What was funny is that my warm-ups felt terrible today, but I'm thinking that made me finally have to stop and think about what I was doing.

      Delete