Thursday, March 26, 2015


Training Log: Entry 1818




AM WORKOUT

(2) Incline dumbbell press 105
3x10
1x6 w/reactive slingshot

superset w/

GB Lat Pulldowns 110
5x10


Notes: Intent is to get all my assistance work knocked out in the morning so that I can hit events on my lunch break. Incline press is moving along.


Kelso shrugs 105
3x8

superset w/

GB lat pulldowns 110
3x10


Notes: Always wanted to work Kelsos into a program. It's difficult to keep the lats from taking over. Really trying to focus on hitting the upper back musculature instead.


Fat grip d-ring chain curls
1x15
2x12

superset w/

Band pushdowns
3x25

Superset w/

GB lat pulldowns 110
3x10








PM TRAINING

Log Clean and Press (clean each rep) 200ish lbs
1x10
1x4


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBvIxE0qdY


 Notes: Testing out my ghetto 12"ish log. So far so good. It holds up well and is sturdy enough to clean. A few effects I need to consider is that the log is heavier now (by at least 2 rolls of gorilla tape, which adds up, and some pre-carpet), and it's much harder to press because the handles are further out in front of me AND the material absorbs a lot of impact. So basically, I try to shove my body into the log to get it moving, the log eats up the impact and I end up with very little from leg drive. Hopefully training like this will mean that, when I hit a comp log, it will move even better. Cardio is still crap, have like 6 weeks to really fix that.


Farmer's walks 245lbs per hand
2x80'+80' (drop at 80)
1x160' (turn at 80)

Notes: Realized I'm giving myself too much rest with my current approach of drop and turn. Even though there is no turn in my comp, and I will transition from farmer's to a frame, I think training with the turn and forcing myself to hang on to the implement for so long will benefit me.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm thinking in the comp you'll have a lot of leg drive from overcompensating in training. Sweet Zelda shirt, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shirt has gotten more feedback than my log, haha. We'll definitely see what happens come comp time. If nothing else, this was a fun weekend project.

      Delete