Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1806




AM workout


Axle cleans
2x105
1x140
1x190
1x230
0x260
0x260
0x260
0x260
0x250

In between sets
5 GHRs
5 standing ab wheels


Notes: Came real close on every 260 attempt but just missed the rack. Got the bar right above nipple height but wrists weren't rolled over. Think the biggest issue is that I'm trying to clean this like a keg, with my hands turned way far over at the start. Gotta adjust for the bar not really moving, and account for very little turn over at the top. Going to try to hit 230 for a triple during the afternoon workout just to groove some success. Also shows me that it's time to start programming the axle cleans, as up until this point I've just been using this day to become better with the movement rather than stronger.




PM workout

(13) SSB Squats
4x425+chains
9x335+chains


Notes: Loving this second set. Starting each rep from a dead stop is brutal, and from what I can tell it's helping me with the first set. In general, good to get in more volume with the SSB. I think time spent away from it was making my deadlift worse.


Axle cleans
Worked up to 230 for a double.

Notes: I am stupid and couldn't let this go from this morning, so I wanted to get in some more cleans. 230 was my best weight. Failed 250 a few times, but technique was much better. My theory was right, need to have my hands LESS turned over.


Reverse hyper 270
3x15


Neck harness 45
1x50



In other news, my yoke shipped today. I have never been so happy to basically experience so much pain in the future, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment