Friday, March 13, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1807

AFTERNOON WORKOUT


Axle clean and press (clean once) 200lbs
1x12
1x5
1x1





Notes: Had to squeeze in a super quick workout between obligations, so didn't take a lot of time to warm-up. A little more practice with the clean would have helped, as I could NOT get this even to save my life. I kept being too far one side or the other, which sapped a lot of energy. Brought my head through on a few more reps this time at least. Still a lifetime PR, and a great "bad day PR" to boot. Really starting to get a hang for this, and had a few presses where leg drive carried the whole implement. Liked how the sets broke down today, think I'll do this in the future (1 top set, then get half as many reps in as few sets as possible).


Band pull aparts
1x100



EVENING WORKOUT


(1) Incline dumbbell bench 105
3x10
1x10 w/reactive slingshot

Superset w/

GB lat pulldowns 90
5x15

supserset w/

Band pull aparts
4x20

Notes: Moved the incline up 1 notch. So far, so good. Will move up another notch next week.



FG d-ring chain curls
3x12

superset w/

Band pushdowns
3x25


Superset w/

GB lat pulldowns 90
3x15


Notes: Really focusing on squeezing the contraction on the arm work.




2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at your ability to let the axle slightly drop for a nanosecond at the point where it seems to get stuck before pressing it up. I bet you're going to have way better leg drive next comp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely isn't intentional, haha. I think the drop is partially me bending my back under the weight.

      I am finally excited about pressing. Leg drive makes so much more sense now. Thanks for the support.

      Delete