Saturday, March 21, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1814

(3) Mat Pulls 550+chains
16 reps total

Notes: 10 in the first, 3 in the second, 3 in the third.  Progressing very well this cycle.  Felt like crap coming into this today.  Need to up my calories.  Giving up 30lbs in the next contest, don't really need to worry about weight.


Yoke runs 50'
2x300lbs
4x400lbs


Notes: Originally tried this out in the street and the yoke felt like it was a million pounds.  Part of that is lack of warm up, but other issue is that street is slightly slanted.  Once I got on the sidewalk, things moved better.  Still suck at this, but now I have the means to get better.


Ghetto car deadlift dropset
5x4 plates
10x3 plates
10x2 plates
10x1 plate


Notes: Set up is still a little tricky.  With 4 plates per side, the plates kept hitting my legs.  Next time, I'm not going to put the bumper plate on, that way I can have more room.  If things still get bad, I'll add bands and chains.  Big takeaway is that I have no quads and, as everyone has said, this is in no way a deadlift.  I'm excited about getting good at this.  Squats might need to take a back seat in my programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment