Friday, October 2, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1950


EARLY AM WORKOUT

Dips
4x25

superset w/

Pull-ups
4x20


Notes: Tried some overhead work with the axle, and I'm far more stable, but still somewhat painful. Dips did a great job pumping up the upper body. Goal here was just get in some quick work and flush the body with blood.


Band pull aparts
1x50


DB curls
10x45 hammer curls
10x40 curls



1 HOUR LATE

2.6 Mile Run


Notes: First few steps were a little stiff, but after that fell into a decent rhythm. After felt pretty quick, and seemed to finish around my normal time. Considering I couldn't even walk on Tuesday, this was a massive victory.



General notes: Woke up at 190.2 (I think, forgot what came after the decimal). Got out of bed with minimal difficulty and am feeling more stiff than injured. Still taking things slow, but today is the first day where I've chosen to forgo the heating pad at work. I've been forgetting to take my Naproxen, which is a good sign, as it means the pain is really less debilitating. I've also switched to wearing my shoes more often, as I was wearing flip flops after work and it seemed to be aggravating my injury.


Contestwise, myself and my partner are currently the only 2 lightweights signed up for the show. If I'm feeling healthy next week, I may bump up a weight class. I don't want to do that, but the challenge would be nice, if I can get my body to hold together. My only concern is really just the axle clean and press, as I've not been training my continental clean at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment