Monday, October 5, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1952


Squats w/buffalo bar
1x30

Notes: Incredible DOMs already, just getting in my feeder workout so I can move.


DB bench 105
22 reps

Notes: 1 rep progress from last time. Still using the ironmind bench. Very unforgiving.


Shoulder circuit
3 rounds


Chain suspended bench lockouts 225+mini shortbands
14 reps

Notes: Last week I used micro minis, this week was minis (or maybe last week it was minis, this week monster minis, either way it was a stronger band). I really like these. Despite being a little tricky to set up, they totally nail the lockout. As soon as my speed slips, I suffer for it, and have to grind the ever loving crap out of the rep. Having the bar suspended means that I can start every rep from a dead stop and that I can also really give it my all with zero fear of failure. Rotating them in every 3 weeks should keep my elbows safe. Hoping to see some big progress with this movement.


Chins (3 different grips)
25
10
5


DB rows 105
1x10


Band pull aparts
1x20

Notes: Back is feeling healthy, but don't want to push it at this point. Close to the contest and freshly healed. Once this show is over, I'm going to engage in an aggressive campaign to bulletproof my back.




General notes: Woke up at 191.4. I am insanely sore from squats but not at all in pain. Was even able to sleep with the memory foam topper back on the bed with zero issues. Diet is getting a little looser this week as I get closer to the show and care less about my weight. Traditionally, I deload the week of the show, but since I've had about 2 light weeks in a row I plan to take this week like a pretty normal training week.

No comments:

Post a Comment