Monday, October 12, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1955

Chest day (that feels weird to write)

DB twist press
2x10x50lbs w/light band
2x10x50lbs w/miniband

Notes: Execution starts like a normal dumbbell press, but at the top you twist the bells and touch them against each other.  I don't have heavy enough DBs to do this with straight weight, so added some bands.  Seemed to work out decently.  I have access to a full gym not far from my house, so if push comes to shove, I can get out there sometime.



Low incline axle press 205
5x5

Notes: Still bringing a little strongman into this with the axle.  This was a solid weight, decent enough struggle.


Ladder push-ups (3 heights)
3 sets


Notes: Solid pump from this. I used to use these as a finisher, so I'm familiar with the execution.


General notes: Woke up at 191.8.  Performed the entire workout in flip flops, as getting in shoes is still a little tricky.  Meant my ability to drive with my legs was non-existent, but most likely for the best.  Solid chest pump for sure.  Injury is getting significantly better by the hour.  I can "walk" on the leg without support, and with a brace I can move at a solid clip.  I've abandoned the cane for now.  I even found out I can run a few steps when a quick emergency popped up inside the house.  Getting it looked at tomorrow, hopefully a diagnosis to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment