Saturday, October 31, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1969

Axle Mat Pulls (7)
6x405 (deadstop)
5x405 (touch and go)
8x405 (deadstop)


Notes: First time doing any sort of pulls in like 2 months due to various injuries. Continuing on my trend of not following old movements, went axle, deadstop and multiple sets. It's way different from what I've been doing in the past, which is a positive. Breaks terribly off the mats, zero flex, bar is way out in front of me. Had more in me on each set, but trying to avoid straining to prevent the knee from getting too messed up. Think this is going to be a big part of my training when I get back from injury.


(5) Box Squats stripset (only resting to change weight)
3x320+chains
5x280+chains
7x230+chains
9x190+chains
11x140+chains
13x90+chains
15x bar+chains
20x bar


Notes: This felt more like what I'm used to. Was good to really be able to push myself, even if the weight is light. I keep increasing the ROM each week along with everything else.



May try to get in some reverse hypers and ab work later today.



General notes: Woke up at 188.8 this morning. Cheat meal today was 5 slices of thin crust Papa John's pizza with lots of meat and pineapple chased with a carnivore protein brownie. The latter was ok. Texture was great, flavor needed a little work.

2 comments:

  1. Hell yeah, great to see you squatting. Are you using knee sleeves to get some extra support or anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate it man. I haven't missed a day of squatting since the injury, just been taking it super light. Been using the same knee sleeves I normally do: Elitefts heavy duty. I asked on the Starting Strongman facebook group about using wraps, and most of the folks that tore their ACLs seem to just stick with sleeves, so I'm doing the same.

      Delete