Saturday, October 3, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1951

GHR sit up/GHR super set
1x8
1x9
1x10


Squat Stripset (minimal rest between sets, just enough to change plates)
2x460
4x410
6x370
8x320
10x280
12x230
14x190
16x140
18x100
20x50


Notes: I'll let the numbers speak for the state of my injury. I don't like to train angry, and prefer to be calm. However, once I got under the bar for my very first warm up set I could feel this deep, dark anger just start welling up inside me. Every set after that it just kept growing, and I just kept falling deeper and deeper into the pit. I was just mad at everything: at getting hurt, at being injured, at taking so long to heal, at being weak, at how many times up until this point I got under the bar with the same weight and had to shut it down, at feeling betrayed by my own body. I wanted to melt steel with my eyes and breathe fire. I wanted to get this all out of me in one workout, a punishment for my body for getting injured and redemption as well.

The first set's double was a tough effort, but not maximal. Nice to see no real strength lost. After that, just going on autopilot. And that's the story of how you do 110 reps in one workout.


Bodyweight was 190.0 this morning. Hip was a little stiff, but that's about it. That might just be a forever thing at this point, but I can cope. Cheat meal was 2 servings of Trader Joe's Pumpkin Ice Cream (500 calories, 60 grams of sugar) with a quest bar broken up over it. Next time, just going to eat the quest bar separate, the ice cream doesn't need any help.




I can't be killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment