Friday, October 16, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1958


EARLY AM WORKOUT


Blast strap fallouts
3x10

Notes: Like the ab wheel, but less stress on the knee joint, since I remain more upright.


Seated band crunches w/average band
2x10
1x21


Notes: As much as it's popular to bag on Louie Simmons these days, I'm so thankful for all the time I spent reading Westside Barbell/Elitefts stuff, because I know of a million different exercises that I can do. As much as I love the GHR sit-ups, these were pretty slick.

Plank
2 minutes



LATER AM WORKOUT



Arm day (I've become everything that I hate)


Down the rack barbell curls (no rest between sets)
10x115
10x105
10x85
10x65
10x45


Notes: Used the commercial gym by my house for this. Thought it would have preset barbells, but no such luck, so I was curling a texas power bar in a squat rack for this. Wasn't strict form, used a little English, but still blew the arms up something fierce.


DB curl/hammer curl superset
2x10/10 of 20lbs
1x10/10 of 25lbs
1x10/10 of 30lbs


Notes: Perform all reps with one arm, then the other. Biceps were torched from the BB curls at first, and got better as I went along.



Hammer strength preacher curl reverse grip/normal grip superset
4x10/10 w/45lb plate


Notes: Next time, use straps for reverse curl. Puts too much stress on the thumb. Thought the gym would have a normal preacher curl station, but this did the trick.




Tricep rope pushdown/overhead extension superset
1x15/15 of 30lbs
3x15/15 of 20lbs


Notes: Weights are embarrassingly low, but my triceps were getting fried from these.



Dumbbell overhead extension/bench dip superset
4x15/15 with 30lb dumbbell

Notes: That feeling when you grab a weight that you think is going to be a warm-up and it turns into a working set. I was supposed to do 20 reps on the bench dips, but had no chance. Feet were on the floor versus on a bench.



Down the rack skull crusher (no rest between sets)
10x65
10x60
10x55
10x50
10x45


Notes: Performed with a straight bar on a flat bench. Needed a slightly wider grip to not destroy my elbows.



General notes: Woke up at 189.8. With a little smoke and mirrors, I saw a full on 6 pack in the mirror today. After this workout, it's clear to me that my arms are weak, and as much as it's killing my soul, the arm day is probably going to be a positive thing for me. I may do some of them in my home gym when I can get away with it.

2 comments:

  1. Squat rack curls? Bench dips? Dude, if you spend some time on a quality lifting forum (bodybuilding.com or the youtube comments section, to name a couple recommendations) you'd know that you shouldn't do those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way I'm going to build any muscle lifting such light weights either. What was I thinking?!

      Delete