Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1956


Back Day


DB rows

Worked up to
1x25x105

Notes: There were supposed to be Kroc rows, but I'm still a little iffy about anything ballistic with my leg being unstable, so the form was pretty strict.



Chins (rotating grip per set: wide grip overhand, neutral grip, close grip with v-handle)
10x10

Notes: Goal was 100 in as few sets as possible without doing less than 10 per set. I thought I'd knock this out quick, but doing them after the DB rows was a shock. Really focused on using the lats, trying to take the arms out.



T-bar rows

Worked up to 4 plates for 10

Notes: Was working up a plate each set, but next time I might use a 25/plate alternating scheme for more volume. Once again, leg was the limiting factor, didn't want to drive too hard.



Barbell shrugs
3x20x225


Notes: Haven't done a straight up barbell shrug in forever. Took this easy-ish, but next time it rolls around I'll be excited to really put some weight on it.



General notes: Woke up at 190.0. Back was definitely pumped from this workout. I can easily see this being my favorite day in the split. Knee is getting more stable, and I was able to walk up a flight of stairs with my hands full this morning. Trained in shoes too. This type of training is really unrewarding, but it's also nice to have completely turned the keys over to someone else. I've been strict with my rest times, using a stopwatch and everything.


For the situational awareness of my readers, this is how the current split is written


Chest
Back
Shoulders
Arms
Legs



With off days as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment