Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1961


BACK DAY

Meadows rows
10x100
10x110
10x120
10x130

Notes: Again, not counting warm-ups. Always been a big fan of these. Really focused on contracting the lat hard at the top.


Wide grip lat pulldown 140
4x10

Notes: Weight is light, but this is a plate loaded lat pulldown, so not sure how much weight is actually being moved.


Chest supported barbell rows 135
4x8


Notes: Don't have a chest supported row apparatus, so had to get creative. I set myself up in my glute ham raise so that the pad was on my stomach/chest and rowed a barbell off the floor from there. Steve Pulcinella demonstrated a similar movement in his Ironsport Method book, but for his you set-up like a normal back extension to really hammer the errectors. This "worked", but like ever other time I try chest supported rows, the limiting factor was that the chest pad was crushing my diaphragm and making it harder to breathe. Still got a decent contraction. Got a couple other work-around ideas I might try in the future.


DB shrugs 105
3x20



General notes: Woke up at 189.8 (scale was fighting between that and .6). Still have more of the workout to do, but ran out of time this morning, will finish it later (3x20 hyperextensions against bands. Funny note, there is a typo in the program that says to perform 30 sets of 20 reps...god I hope that is a typo). Gaining a lot more mobility and stability in the knee. If I didn't have an MRI scheduled and a meeting with an Ortho, I'd honestly be training the damn thing by now. I am hoping this is the sign of just a partial tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment