Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1957


Shoulders

D-ring chain lateral raises
3x20

Notes: Amazingly, this isn't my modification. The program calls for chain laterals. Really focused on not shrugging with the weight.


Seated dumbbell rear lateral raise 10lb per hand
3x20


Seated dumbbell press
6x10lbs
6x15
6x20
6x25
6x30
6x35
6x40
6x45
2x6x50
1x17x50

Notes: Programmed called for a slow build up to 4x6, but equipment limited me. I should've used the 105s, but I'm still a little nervous about getting them into position with my knee. If I do this again, I'll slide a resistance band under the bench and put either end in my hand. Still, the set of 17 was a pretty decent grinder.


DB shrugs 105
2x25
2x20



General notes: Woke up at 189.6. My diet hasn't changed too dramatically, I just cut out what little junk there was (basically an extra quest bar in the afternoon and a fiber one pumpkin bar in the morning). I think I'm just going to let my weight naturally free fall until it settles and go from there. Still going to try to maintain as much muscle mass as possible, to include training the right leg as hard as I can, but getting a little smaller and leaner won't be the worst thing in the world. Conditioning is going to be a little tricky to figure out.

On the injury front, the swelling has reduced enough that I can actually see my kneecap again and feel some of the muscle surrounding the knee. Before, all I could feel was fluid. As a result of the reducing swelling, the knee actually feels less stable. Still no pain, and fewer instances of feeling like it's going to slide out.

No comments:

Post a Comment