Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1954


AM WORKOUT

Continental clean practice w/axle

Notes: The good news is that I can press overhead with minimal pain to the injury site. The bad news is that I wasn't able to continental any decent amount of weight. I managed 148lbs with zero issues, but once I got to 198 it would just get stapled to my stomach. I know intellectually what needs to happen, but can't quite get my body to figure it out. My hope is that I'll get to compete in my weight class, where I can just muscle clean 185lbs all day with no issues, but if I move up and have to work with 245, I'm just going to use nose tork and sheer force of will to move the damn thing.


Dips
4x25

superset w/

Pull ups
2x20
2x15


Notes: I REALLY like this. Gets a real solid upper body pump with minimal equipment/time. Going to have to keep this going in some capacity after the contest.



Axle curls
1x130


Notes: Had to rest during this, but kept with the protocol of never letting the axle out of my hands. Massive forearm pump.


Average band pushdowns
3x10

superset w/

Band pull aparts
3x20



General notes: Woke up at 190.2 (not sure of what came after the decimal. Something like that at least). Got to use my new rehband warm-up pants. They definitely do a great job of keeping everything warm and are plenty tight. I was hoping for just a little more support, but worse comes to worse I can always just layer the compression shorts. Still hanging around 98% in regards to injury. Eccentrics on deads/cleans seem to be my weak point. Probably just going to do some controlled drops at the contest. May even have to abandon my precious touch and go for a bit when everything is said and done.


Last heavy training day until the contest. May do some speed farmer's tonight just to see if all systems are go, as that's what injured me in the first place. Trying to find the balance of eating bigger prepping for the contest without eating garbage.



PM WORKOUT

So I lied.  My wife had a 2 a day for running today, so I decided to join her in the garage.

Tried to continental again.  Still couldn't get it.  Muscle cleaned 198 with zero issue and got 238 just about a few times.  I think if I was fresh from not trying to continental, I'd have a shot.


Sandbag 205lbs
4x60'ish

Farmer's walks 60'ish
2x115
2x205


Notes: Just a confidence booster, wanted to see how I'd handle it.  Once again, the big issue seems to be psychological.  I was moving very slow off the pick up on the sandbag, and would pick up speed later.  After a few attempts, I managed to get over it, and the farmer's had zero issues as a result.  Think I just need more of a warm-up than usual come contest day.



Also, one of the prongs on my lever belt broke off.  Belt still functions, but that's just awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment