Monday, November 16, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1981


Axle strict press
3x188
2x188
13x115
Notes: Made today my "death row workout"; trained all the movements I like that I won't be able to train for a while post op.  Strict press has fallen, but big part of that is the instability in the knee.  Felt is hyperextend a few times, didn't trust it to really push myself.  Going to have to bring this up as I heal.  Can still take a little pride in pushing above bodyweight for a triple.

Shoulder circuit
3 rounds

Notes: Pushing this harder than I have in the past, stealing some things from the Kroc workout.  Going to really be hammering this as I heal.

Dip ladder
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,4
Notes: This is going to be a major part of my post op programming.  Shoulders were pretty fried at this point, but really want to push this as hard as I can in the future.  I love dips, and they're going to be a very easy upper body movement to accomplish compared to others.


DB rows 105
Tons of sets of 3 between major movements
1x20


General notes: Woke up at 185.6.  Absolute lightest I've been in years.  Probably the last time I was walking around at this weight was early 2007.  I can at least take solace that I am much leaner than I was then, and bigger, but it's really f**king me over mentally to be this light.  It's been good for my knee, but I cannot wait to gain some weight back.
Eating like a fat kid today since I have to start fasting at midnight.  Surgery tomorrow at 1100.  Will try to get in some reverse hypers later today.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck again with everything. I'll be eagerly following your progress back from this and watching as you come back better than ever. 11 years of this log and being an absolute animal is a good run before needing a little reconstruction, especially after how much you've been competing the last few years (if it was me, this would probably suck a whole lot more if I had to get surgery from training instead of going out in a blaze of glory on the battlefield).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support man. It's not my first time under the knife, but it was definitely a long run between then and now. And you're spot on: it was at least satisfying to do this in a competition.

      I am excited about my comeback. Gives me a chance to do things over again.

      Delete