Saturday, December 1, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2429

DEEP WATER INTERMEDIATE BRIDGE WORKOUT 17 (WEEK 5, WORKOUT 1)

AM WORKOUT

Buffalo Bar Squats 290
1x16
7x12

Axle deadlifts 136 (double overhand, no straps)
1x20
1x10


Notes: 4:50 between sets on the first 6, 5:50 on the final 2.  That said, that's more the amount of time I waited until I even THOUGHT about doing the next set.  Program says to rest as long as you need, and I took advantage of that.  Spent much time looking at the bar saying "f**k this" and then eventually willing myself into squatting.  In truth, my legs felt fine, but my spirit was breaking pretty hard.

TMI time, but I came into this hurting.  I had about 10 bowel movements yesterday and was bleeding for a good amount of it.  Just had something bad in my system, not sure what.  But I had been ready for this workout for a while now, and felt like nothing could stop it.

This program really is about transformation.  It's very good at at.

Playing Clutch's "Book of Bad Decisions" for the final set, because it seemed incredibly fitting.

After the squats, I had spent enough time in the garage I just wanted out.  Made the deads light and focused on grip on it.  I still owe some reverse hypers: plan to just hit the garage later and do a set of 50 and call it good.

Woke up at 204.6.  Carbed up yesterday with 5 slices of stuffed crust pizza, and it paid off considering how much weight I was losing through the colon.

2 comments:

  1. That workout classifies as cruel and unusual punishment. I won't report you, just be careful.

    ReplyDelete