Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2570

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS (squat-keg-hyper)

Buffalo bar squats
12xBar
12x140
12x230
12x320
12x358

Keg high pulls 230
2x1

Keg cleans 200
4x1

Reverse hyper 465
6x8

PM WORKOUT

Buffalo bar squat 210
1x40+10


Notes: 3:45 between giant sets.  Super lower motivation in the AM workout, which came about as a result of a last minute "honey do" that interfered with the schedule, and when I went for the back off set I just had nothing in me, so I rested a few hours and had lunch, then came back at it.  I was actually planning on hitting bodyweight at 195 and going for 50 ala Dan John, but my head wasn't on right and I calculated my Buffalo Bar weight as though it were a swiss bar.  So at least the weight was heavier, which made only getting 40 in the first go a bit less demoralizing.  Rest paused it and got the 50 to prove a point to myself.

The "keg high pulls" are a bit tongue in cheek, as I was supposed to clean them but just had no pop in me.  I blame it on the press workout done about 12 hours beforehand.  Still mainlining calories and refusing to believe in overtraining.

The topset is 5lbs more than I did last time I did 12.  Little chipshot PR, as I need to start getting those on these workouts again.  It's amazing how much I just despise squatting with a barbell vs the SSB.  If only it didn't make me stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment