Thursday, December 26, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2579

PM WORKOUT

Buffalo bar Squat
5xBar
5x140
3x230
1x320
1x370

REST PAUSE (12 deep breaths between sets)
6x410
3x410
2x410
1x410
8x320
4x320
2x320
1x320

Notes: I've been dreading my squat workouts to the point that I was putting them off and getting behind in my training.  This pretty much always seems to happen with squat training.  I can figure out presses, deads and benches just fine, but nothing ever settles in well for squatting.  So I decided to come back to something that has ALWAYS worked whenever I used it, despite the ill effects it tends to result in (persistent knee pain on the reconstructed knee, multiday soreness, degrades in deadlift workouts).

I DO plan to take some lessons I've learned from previous stuff, and I think I might turn this into a 2 a day similar to what I've been doing with the press workouts.  I still want to keep keg cleans or stones in this and reverse hypers, and I may look into throwing in some shrugs.

Cut this one on the short side for a variety of factors.  I'm working nights for the next 3 days, so my schedule is messed up, and with my kid home from school I gotta be more available.  However, I've also been doing with some weird nerve pain for the past 3 or so days.  It started off in the glute, then migrated down to the quad, and is now back in the glute and hamstring.  Strikes outta nowhere and hits about an 8 on the pain scale.  Stops me in my tracks.  But it doesn't seem to be stopping me at all for training.  I was actually limping into the power rack, hitting the squat, then limping out.  Just something I gotta keep a watch on.

Along with that, even though this is a buffalo bar, my right shoulder is still rather non-plussed.  Might actually look into bringing the grip slightly out.

Otherwise though, just gonna keep riding this program out. Be nice to get the squats back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment