Thursday, December 19, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2575

AM WORKOUT

Swiss bar incline bench 255
3x10

Axle bench press 281
1x10
1x7
1x5

Close grip axle bench 246
1x10
1x7
1x8

Dips
1x34
1x29
1x25

Standing ab wheel between sets of benching (4x8, sets of 7 for the rest)

Notes: 2:45 between benching, 2:00 between dips.  My abs are going from "blurry" to "please send a search party", but just when I think about dialing back the food I have a day like this and it reminds me of the positive effects of all the eating.  I barely made it out alive last week swiss bar benching 250 for 3x10 with an extra 20 seconds of rest per set, and today I felt even stronger.  The weight feels heavier and heavier each week, but I rise to the occasion.  The flat bench continues to suffer as a result, but I'm at peace with that.  In truth, if the incline eclipses my flat bench, that'd be just dandy. 

I shoulda gotten 8 on the second set of close grip, but the bar drifted too far away and I had to fight to get it back into place.


My right shoulder is basically useless for anything outside of lifting weights.  Just keeps snagging and sending nerve pain through my body.  Once again, upsetting since it's a result of taking off a jacket.  I may take more drastic measures soon to force to play nice.  It may be time to throw in some more back work to get it some more stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment