Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2581

PM WORKOUT (yesterday's)

MAX EFFORT LOWER

(27) Chain Suspended SSB Abominations
5xSSB
5x155
5x205
3x245
1x295
1x335
1x385
1x425
1x385


High Handle Trap Bar lifts
55x405lbs



Notes: Got behind schedule and needed to do a quick-ish workout.  My original plan was chain suspended good mornings, but what they ended up becoming was something existing in the middle of a squat and a good morning, but whatever it was had me straining like hell so it did it's job.  The (27) is measuring how many chain links I had to create the loop so I can evaluate the distance of the ROM. The weight wasn't far enough out in front of me to be a real deal good morning, but it's hard to achieve that without ending up on my toes when they're chain suspended, at least for ME work, so we end up with the abomination.

I was hurting by the time I got to the trap bar lifts.  That never pain is pretty much gone for the most part, but my legs still weren't fully recovered from the squat workout I did previously.  It's actually partially why I'm behind, schedule, as I tried a trap bar ME workout the previous day and couldn't get through the warm-ups.  That I managed to get to 38 before the first rest pause was a shock, as the first rep felt hard.  I'm actually thinking about making this my primary supplemental work at this point.  It'll carry over well to the car deadlift, and it's definitely taxing me.

I'm pretty excited about how the new squat protocol I'm using is already causing problems, as it means I can now work on solutions for that too.  I'm thinking about including a daily SSB front squat workout as a feeder workout to quickly get over leg soreness.  Something like 20 reps of 135lbs.  I'll see if it pans out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment