Saturday, October 24, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2420

PM WORKOUT (1500)


Notes: Forgot that the location I'm at cleans the gym from 1300-1500 every day.  This changes this significantly, as I need to be done training by 1600 to fit in my work day.  I may transition to training after my 12 hour shifts at this point to be able to fit the training in, or do conditioning leading up to the 1500 open time, but either way, I had to call an audible today and get in as much training as I could in about a 55 minute window.  90 seconds rest between all sets


Close grip incline bench 205

2x10

1x6


Barbell bench press 230

2x10

1x6


DB Bench Press Dropset (no rest between sets)

7x105

6x75

8x45

30x20

Push ups x 8


90 second rest

20x50


Dips

Rest pause to 200


Chins (underhand) between sets of benching

A ton of sets of 11


Post workout meal


Light band curls

1x50


Band pull aparts

1x50


Notes: Things went well enough.  Shoulder isn't bothering me anymore, got in solid work, the dropset was gnarly.  Woulda liked to get in some conditioning, but the short rest periods helped at least.  My schedule is only going to be weird for the next few days, so it's not going to be too bad.


Nutritionally, on the way to the gym, I came across a Hawaiian BBQ food truck.  I asked how long they were going to be open, and they said they closed in the next 10 minutes...so I had teriyaki chicken and Hawaiian style beef ribs as my pre-workout meal, which came after my finibar.  Needless to say, I had some good energy for the workout.


Oh yeah, I got 8.5 hours of sleep: from 0400 to 1300.  Part of me wonders if my internal clock is just messed up.  I seem to sleep better during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment