Sunday, October 25, 2020

 Training Log: Entry 2422

0500 WORKOUT


SUPERSETS (press-chin)


Barbell strict press

5xBar

5x115

5x125

5x145 (begin 90 second rests)

9+3+3x165 (rest pause)

13x145


Chins (alternate between over and underhand grip each set)

6x11



GIANT SETS (press-raise-pull apart)


Let me describe the rest protocol here, because I thought it was cool.  Between sets 1 and 2, there was no rest.  Between 2 and 3, 30 seconds.  45 seconds between 3 and 4.  1 minute between 4 and 5.  1:15 between 5 and 6.  I really liked that: might use it again in the future.



Behind the neck press 95lbs

6x10


Kettle bell lateral raise 18s

6x10


Band pull aparts

6x15


Kroc rows 130 w/rest pause

18+5+5



7 hours sleep


Immediately upon waking


Tabata Burpees


50 pull aparts


30 band pushdowns


60 push ups (no lockout, focus on pecs/pump)


30 band good mornings w/2 light bands


40 straight arm pulldowns with light bands (lit up my lats)


5.5 minute plank



Notes: Schedule is still crazy, but making it work.  My lifting sessions are on the shorter side, so I'm making up where I can on the morning workouts.  Did that completely fasted.  Nice way to start the morning and get blood flowing.  I actually tried doing some dips on the press workout, and my pecs were sore enough to stop me, which is a sign I found something pretty magical on that bench workout.  I dug what I came up with for supplemental work.  Didn't bring my elbow sleeves to the workout, so that sucked.  My press is free falling pretty badly, but the supplemental work is improving, so I'm getting bigger and stronger, just not on the thing that matters as far as strongman goes.  Going to keep riding it out for now.  I know exactly how to fix it when I need to: more specificity.

No comments:

Post a Comment