Thursday, October 1, 2020

 Training Log: Entry 2404


AM WORKOUT (0410 WAKEUP)


21 KB swings (45lb bell)

21 pull ups

15 swings

15 pull ups

9 swings

9 pull ups

5 swings

5 pull ups


Times: 4:19


30 band pull aparts


20 minute 45lb weighted vest walk with dogs.


Notes: Back home and settling back to old routine.  I like the little conditioning thing I came up with as a pseudo Fran.  Gets in my daily swings and chins and my heart rate up.  Did that first thing, before breakfast, then ate my yogurt (no more Finibars until the next trip sadly) and took the dogs around.


Came home yesterday and we went out to our favorite local Chinese buffet.  Our area has actually lifted buffet restrictions recently and we could serve ourselves.  I went buffet-mode for the first time in a LONG time.  However, I was strategic in my selections.  First plate was half a plate of mushroom, the other half green beans, and then I covered the top in broccoli and carrots from the beef broccoli entree, with just a few slivers of beef making it in.  Second plate was 1/3 mushrooms, 1/3 green beans, 1/3 seafood medley (also heavy in veggies) with more broccoli on top.  Third plate was a single piece of all the various breaded/sugar chicken options and then a lot of onions from the mongolian beef and various peppers. After living out of canned goods for 10 days, having access to so many veggies was just amazing.


Was insanely bloated after that.  Lots of stomach pain.  Hadn't eaten that way in a LONG time.  However, I got to experience something I had read about before: once you get real lean and then go and eat a whole bunch of salty/carby/fatty stuff like that, your body swells up and you look even more defined.  Later that evening, after committing some GI atrocities, I was looking shredded





Once again: being lean is f**king weird.


PM WORKOUT


6 mile run/1 mile walk with Mrs.  This was honestly brutal.  Running after Litvnov is apparently tough.


Earlier, I also got in 20 standing ab wheel reps and 1 set of 30 on GHR.  Also did that gripper burnout workout I've been doing.  My grip is honestly pretty fried from all the pulls and chins I've been doing.


2 comments:

  1. This is making me think there should be a public emergency bodybuilding service where people can text in and compete instantly when they unknowingly find themselves in peak condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I coulda used something like that in 2012 when I hit my BEST squat set ever up to that point in training and then buffed it at the meet, haha.

      Delete