Monday, October 26, 2020

 Training Log: Entry 2425


AM WORKOUT (0445 wake up)


1hr 40 min outdoor run


Notes: 6 days out from race, this felt solid.  Could tell when I was slowing down and had enough in me to speed up when I noticed.  Breathed through my nose the entire time, kept a leisurely pace.  Body felt well.  Left calf a little crampy and hip a little achy, but nothing screaming.


I come up with my best food ideas on long runs.  Came back and made my usual greek yogurt-protein powder-breakfast cereal parfait, but this time I broke up a quest bar (cinnamon roll) into a bunch of small pieces and threw it in, and it was a total gamechanger.  Adds a chewy texture to the yogurt: very candy bar-esque.  This may become a permanent thing for me. I already allot myself 1 quest bar a day as my treat: could just have it first thing in the morning with my yogurt, beef up the protein content even moreso.  Either way, got in some necessary calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment