Monday, October 19, 2020

 Training Log: Entry 2417

0337 Wake Up (Dog again.  I'm pretty much using her like an alarm clock at this point)


SUPERSETS (chin-press)


Weighted Chins (underhand)

5x50

3x95

1x120

1x145

5x95


Axle strict press

5xAxle

5x66

5x156

3x176

3+1x196 (rest pause)


Log clean and strict press away w/rest pause 155

11+3+3


GIANT SETS (dip/press or press/dip-raise-pull apart) 90 second rests between sets


Weighted dips 105/DB press 50s

1x12/failure

2x8/failure


BtN Press 120/BW dips

1x10/failure

1x9/failure

1x8/failure


DB lateral raise 15s

3x14

3x13


Band pull aparts

3x14

3x13


Poundstone Curls

130xAxle


50 minute walk w/45lb vest


Notes: Wanted to get in the lifting first and then walk for as long as I had time after that.  My shoulder is feeling pretty good, but there's still a little bit of instability, so I didn't push the topset as hard as I could.  In turn, I moved some rest pausing to the backoff set.  I liked how that turned out, and it may continue to appear in the future.  Dips took a little hit this week.  On the second set, I blacked out pretty hard on rep 3 and had to fight to regain consciousness, which added a challenge to the set.  Otherwise, it was a solid workout.  Hit the Poundstone curls because I'll be traveling soon somewhere that doesn't have an axle, so I'm taking advantage of that.  Will hit some Kroc rows later: training so early in the morning, I didn't want to make too much noise.


Saw 183 on the scale before bed last night.  Was 181 last time. Pre-bed isn't the best weighing time for the sake of consistency, but it's about the only time I really have to get it done.  Been eating well.

Rest of training day


Got in Kroc rows of 115 w/rest pause

28+6+5


Braced off my power keg instead of my power rack, and it worked out REALLY well.  I'll have to remember that for the future.  


Daily work


50 rest pause chins


40 pull aparts


25 pushdowns


30 GHRs


50 unloaded reverse hypers



And then went on a 4 mile run with the Mrs.



I travel tomorrow in the afternoon.  May be able to get in a squat workout on my arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment