Sunday, June 4, 2023

Training Log: Entry 2788

Another crazy weekend.


Slept until 0730, got up, 160 push ups and 125 squats done right away, live life, get to brunch buffet at 1000, have my Indigo 3-G and 2 scoop Metabolic Drive beforehand, as per Rampage tradition.




That photo is round 1.  Rounds 2 and 3 weren't nearly as substantial, just going for highlights (round 2 was 4 maple sausages and a slice of crab rangoon cream cheese pizza, round 3 was 2 slices of bacon and a biscuit drenched in sausage gravy, since I had so little my first go round)

Round 1, based off the photo and memory, was 1 blueberry muffin, 1 cinnamon roll, 2 pancakes (one was blueberry stuffed) with a bunch of chocolate/syrup/butter/spread between them acting like a sandwich, a slice of french toast, some blueberries, strawberries and oats with honey, a TON of bacon, eggs, some maple sausage, mac n cheese, a slice of cheese pizza, a biscuit with sausage gravy, some breakfast potatoes, 3 different varities of macaroni salad, oreo pudding, vanilla pudding, pistachio pudding, and some cold cuts.

The bacon was legit some of the best I've had in my life, left alone on a buffet line.  This was the opening day of this places brunch offering, and it's here to stay, and the wife and I LOVE brunch buffets, and if this became my weekly rampage I'd die and go to Valhalla just fine, so that's awesome.

Lived more life.  Guts completely rebelled on me.  Good that the system still works the way it's supposed to.

Got in THIS workout



But for context: we got home after some errands, so about 2 hours since I had put my fork down.  We're all feeling loggie, so we go for a 5.5 mile walk.  I went shirtless for sun exposure, but we actually got rained on quite a bit.  I didn't want to break momentum, so as soon as I got in the garage, I started the workout, hitting a fast warm-up and going for the pull.  I wanted to blackout on rep ONE, and by rep 4 I had to breathe out to keep it from actually happening.  The bar was snagging on my bare skin a lot, which added resistance, which is awesome.

Got in that KB workout at the end to round out rep totals for daily work.

For those that did not care to watch the whole thing, the video was

* 8+3+3 mat pulls w/415+chains off of a 4 mat high pull

10 rounds of

* 15 KB swings
* 5 goblet squats
* 15 push ups

Got a NASTY workout hangover from this, so asked my wife to drive while we ran a few quick errands and had a dinner out at a fast food place at around 1800, where I had half a chicken breast before I tapped out.

Came home, walked the dog 1.5 miles for a total of 7 miles traveled for the day.

I just had 3 egg whites with a scoop of Metabolic drive, more out of principle than anything else, but I am STILL quite full.  Absolutely nailed the meal.

Alright, Chaos is the Plan.  I'm going to run this "To Valhalla" another week, and quite honestly it's possible through the end of June/the finish of the feast.  I'm wanting to do the 10k swing challenge alongside it, so if nothing else, find a way to do 500 swings a day as well.  I think that'll be just incredible. We'll see what happens.  Go chaos.  I have plans to include one day of heavier lifting in a powerlifting style format as well: when I have more time I'll flesh that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment