Friday, June 23, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2985

AM WORKOUT (0420 natural wake up, good night of sleep) FASTED

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FAMINE”: RAGNAROK IS HERE** Week 1, Workout 2: Squats



GIANT SET (squat-row-abs) 60 second rests

SSB Front Squats
4x3x225+chains
40x115+chains + 10x115

Viking rows
6x20x50 on axle

Hanging leg raise
5xAMRAP

SUPERSETS (calves and legs)

SSB Calf raises
5x5 w/weights of some sort

Leg extensions
3x25x90s

Reverse hypers
3x25x180s

OFF CAMERA

Tabata squats and push ups (210 squats and 200 push ups achieved)

BREAKFAST

2 mile walk in the sun

Notes:

* Feeling significantly better.  Not 100%, but performance capable/ready.  Sweating profusely and my cardio isn’t all there.  I was struggling on the deathset primarily because of that, which made the SSB front squat a good choice since I could recoup so well.  

* Went with a new movement variant so I’d come in without expectations.  This wasn’t quite the amount of weight I needed, but I made up for it with some crazy depth.  I’m also stealing more and more from Dan John, who has said on many occasions that, if he could do it all over, he’d always squat with chains.  Dan is a genius.

* Reverse hypers aren’t part of the program.  Leg curls are.  Jamie has gone on record trash talking the reverse hyper.  I like the reverse hyper.  I break rules.

* My body and face are finally unswelling.  Honestly, I think intermittent fasting was a total disaster and this was a lesson learned.  Dan John supports IF.  The carnivore community is big into it.  I break more rules.  But protein sparring modified fasting absolutely works, and that’s what Famine is, and Apex Predator, and Velocity Diet, and all the stuff that works for me. 


PM

Got in another 3 miles outside with the family and then some bagwork and sparring in TSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment