Wednesday, June 28, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2989

AM WORKOUT (0423 natural wake up) FASTED

**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FAMINE”: RAGNAROK IS HERE VARIANT** Week 2, Day 1: Press



AS A CIRCUIT (Press-dip-incline-viking-abs)

Keg clean and press away
1x185
2x2x185
2 cleans of 185, 1 shaky near press

Dips
4x3x130lbs

Incline Axle Bench
6xAMRAP (first 3 sets using doubled minibands w/83lbs, next 3 w/66lbs)

Viking press
4x12x70lbs
2x12+triple dropset

Hanging leg raise
5xAMRAP

15 minutes of arms (bands only)

BREAKFAST

2 mile walk outside


Notes:

* Set my alarm incorrectly so slept in an extra 3 minutes.  Robbed me of some conditioning time at the end of the workout, so I’ll find a place to get in some squats and push ups.  May be doing Tang Soo Do tonight, which has some opportunities.

* It dawned on me on my final set of keg pressing that, with my awareness of my current bodyweight, this keg is rather significantly MORE than my bodyweight.  And then I biffed the press that I had been crushing up until that point.  Teaches me not to think too much.  But also take some pride in my performance up until then.  I’ve been losing too much energy on the clean, and it gets me blacking out too often.  If I can get it done snappy and sharp, I’m in a good way.

* I was exhausted with each round, but performance was stronger than previous week.  Still hacking up nasty stuff out of my lungs, which is the biggest factor.  It’s made sleep a little rough, and a fit can hit in the middle of a set.

* Better incline set-up this week compared to last.  Doubling the bands is the way.  Also liked using the bands on the arm work.  Particularly liked the curl variants where I had the band around my wrists vs in the hands.  Considering calling them “Conan curls”, as it’s like having the hands cuffed, and Conan’s time in slavery is when he built his strength.  Definitely leading toward a Cimmerian themed story for my next run.

* Right foot and abs are still a little tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment