Thursday, June 29, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2990

AM WORKOUT (0420 wake up via alarm) FASTED


**PLAGUE OF STRENGTH’S “FAMINE”: RAGNAROK IS HERE** Week 2, Day 2: Circuit Workout/Dealer’s Choice


40 minutes of 5 burpee chins EMOM w/10lb weighted vest followed immediately by Tabata unweighted burpee chins (3 per round)


Breakfast

2 mile walk in a torrential downpour/thunderstorm with hail

Notes:

* Got to be late last night and this sounded like the right way forward as a result. Something straight forward, brutal, with few moving parts.  The AK-47 of workouts.  And it killed me dead just like an AK. 

* You can see/hear me still dealing with that cough.  Been the worst part of this virus.  I had to sit out a piece of Tang Soo Do last night because, by the end of the day, I’m so nauseas from ingesting so much phlegm through the day.

* Tried my best to execute rep quality with each individual component of the burpee.  A good squat, a strong push up, and chin over the bar on the chin.  

* The follow on unweighted workout was a good cherry on top.  Go from solid and strong to ballistic.  

* I didn’t intend on going for a walk in a storm this morning.  It started off with light rain, but at the 1 mile mark it totally turned on me, and at that point my only option was to just endure and get home.  It was just a Viking kind of day at that point.  I have breakfast for dinner to look forward to tonight, which will make it all worth it.  Also, I think I had the most brilliant idea of having a quiche for my birthday cake this year.  You can still put candles in a quiche.  I REALLY like this idea.

* Saw 168.6 this morning.  This is just nutty. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks of Famine, and it’s absolutely time to start feasting.  My Easy Strength and Mass Made Simple combo should be perfect, especially since I can see my schedule is already getting screwy.  Fully intend to keep up the carnivore approach for this, so this means it’s time to really break out my inner-Conan.  Meat off the bone as much as I can, and steaks and steaks and steaks.  I’ve got a freezer full of ribs, steaks, pork shoulder, lamb, etc.  Game, f**king, on.


Dinner could not have been more anabolic or amazing




No comments:

Post a Comment