Thursday, June 1, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2785

AM WORKOUT (0430 natural wake up) FED 

**“TO VALHALLA”** Week 1, Workout 3:  “Carried Away By Valkyries Linda and Cindy”



"Valkyrie Linda" is as follows:

* 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of
* Viking deadlift: 270lb loaded onto axle
* Axle bench: 181lbs
* Keg clean: 155lbs

"Valkyrie Cindy"

* 5x40kg kb swing
* 10 push ups
* 15 squats 

Linda was done in 26 minutes and some change, then 15 rounds of Cindy for a 40 min workout 

And this was bodyweight this morning, so Linda was stupid heavy



Notes:

* Just an absolute fantastic morning of training. Linda has been on my list for a while, and this was a great twist on it. Logistics was always the limiter, and opting for the keg was a great solution. If it wasn't so damn loud, stone would be great too. But KB cleans are an option next time too.

* Took a few rounds of the deadlift to figure out what ROM felt like. Used smaller diameter plates to get in a longer stroke.

* Ideally Cindy would run the full 20 minutes, but time was short. Great way to get in some of my daily training. About to go get my walk in while my truck gets an oil change.

* That is the lowest I have weighed in 20 years. I am a pound lighter than I was 3 years ago when I was at my leannest, and I am living SO much better now than I was then. Still not even trying to lose weight; just absolutely wild.

Got in the remaining push ups and squats in the PM

No comments:

Post a Comment