Friday, June 2, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2786

AM WORKOUT (0430 natural wake up) FED

**“TO VALHALLA**” Week 1, Workout 4: **“BATTLE AT STAMFORD BRIDGE”*



* 30 minute workout: Death by Viking Armor Building Complexes (ABCs are 2 cleans, 1 press and 3 front squats)

* 90lbs loaded on the axle

* “Death by” means start with 1 at minute 1, 2 at minute 2, etc until you get beat by the clock

* Between rounds: baseball bat strikes against mats (sledge to tire would be ideal, but gotta use what you got)

* Once you die: do a full round of strikes, then start over at 1 (I died a LOT)

OFF CAMERA

In 13 minutes

50 squats-25 swings-50 squats-50 swings-50 squats-25 swings-50 squats-50 swings-50 squats-100 push ups-50 squats-50 push ups-25 push ups-25 push ups-25 push ups-35 push ups (time expired, will get in the remaining 40 somewhere in the day)

BREAKFAST

2 mile walk (combo of walking kid to school and taking dog for walk)

Notes:

* This workout moved incredibly fast, which is a good sign.  The slogs tend to mean boredom, but I was always moving and those next rounds would whip by.  Meanwhile, you can see the sheer fatigue it’s generating through the rounds.   I genuinely would have liked to push it to 40 minutes, but schedule got the best of me.  I’ve been using this week to get in some much needed sleep as well.  Total Viking deload.  But this workout can absolutely be a keeper.

* I’m using a baseball bat I bought off amazon called the “Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher” that is supposedly heavier than a traditional bat and meant to develop strength in batters



 

* I wrapped it in a pool noodle and some gorilla tape so that I wouldn’t shred my mats when I hit them.  I will need to re-inforce my tape job a touch so I can put some more “uumph” into the strikes, but this answered the mail for today: I was constantly moving.

* This was just an awesome workout, flat out, and a great way to kick off a Friday.  Gonna get in some Tang Soo Do later, and aiming for some beef ribs for dinner tonight.

* Snapped a physique update last night before bed, which means it’s technically my “most bloated” shot for the night.  I’m absolutely peeled these days



No comments:

Post a Comment