Friday, June 16, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2980


AM WORKOUT (0420 wake up via alarm) FASTED

**TO VALHALLA** Week 3, Workout 5 **"Bail Out The Last Of The Vasa's Deep Water And Row To Shore"**


* 600 unbroken KB swings w/24kg bell

* 100 reps of strict Viking press w/45lbs on axle

* 100 reps of Viking rows

Throw on 80lb vest and go for 1.25 mile walk.

REMAIN FASTED (no breakfast)

Lawn mowing

50 burpee chins in 5:40

Finish out with 300 total squats and 200 total push ups

Notes:

* Took it in a slightly different direction to have more of a Dan John-esque morning, training fasted, going for a walk, and getting in coffee.  Original plan was 575 swings, but that was close enough to 600 it seemed silly to stop.  So now I'm at 7016 in 11 days.  

* My shoulders were absolutely on fire from those Viking strict presses.  I really like how I can "rest" in the up position there.  That's something to keep around.  And the rows were absolutely brutal.

* The story: the shoreline is in sight, so we bail out all the Deep Water we can and then row hard until we hit the beach.  Throw on our armor and head into battle.  This is Ragnarok gents: it's what we've been rowing toward!  To Valhalla!

* I've been continuing the fast to kickstart the Famine and just see what I can get away with.  I'm about 12 hours in and about to break the fast for lunch, which is going to be egg whites and beef bone broth mixed with Metabolic Drive, going from fasting to protein sparing modified fasting.  This is really just more of a "see if I can" sorta thing: I'm a bit unsold on legit fasting for PSMF as far as being jacked and strong goes.  But I also like the idea of a fasting DAY every once in a while vs making it a total lifestyle thing.  Just always tinkering and experimenting.  

* Big part of the above has been about keeping busy, which the lawn mowing and other chores have been helping.  Got in that bodyweight workout just to get in my daily reps as well.  It's a travel day, but a short 3 hour trip to be with family over the long weekend.  Food is going to be scarce while I'm there, so I figured making it an intention fast would work out well.

9 comments:

  1. Hey MythicalStrength, do you do anything special to warm up your knees before squats/deadlifts/runs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you ever have to dial anything back cuz the knee pain is too bad?

      Delete
    2. Chaos is the plan. I never dial back because I never have a plan.

      Delete
    3. So if you woke up tomorrow with your hips fried and unable to hinge, you'd consider a workout that involves no hinging whatsoever "not dialing back" because you planned on engaging in chaos and making something up on the spot anyways right?

      Delete
    4. I would seek medical attention if I was unable to hinge.

      Delete
    5. If the doctor and 2nd/3rd opinion doctors tell you that they can't explain why you're not hinging but it'll probably go away on its own and it's ok to do what you can, are your next hingeless workouts still not dialing back?

      Delete
    6. Darn. Okay thanks anyway.

      Delete