Monday, July 3, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 2993

Summary of yesterday


Got up at 0530.  Wife set an early alarm to work on a masters paper.   Used the opportunity to get in a hard workout with no real gameplan aside from just training my butt off before brunch so I could have the most anabolic brunch possible.  Found out I had ZERO pull in me whatsoever during my warm-ups: gonna attribute it to my illness and that injury on my right lat starting to show itself again (feeling some clicks and pulls, most likely coinciding with reduced bodyweight meaning less supportive material around the injury site).  Just played it by ear and did the following


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN**





(3) Mat pulls stripset
2x405+chains
AMRAP 315+chains
AMRAP w/rest pause 225+chains

IMMEDAITELY INTO

21-15-9 of burpees into chins in hands wide SSB squat of 135

IMMEDIATELY INTO
AMRAP 225+chains mat pull

As soon as I was done, my kid was awake, so to keep them from distracting the Mrs, we took the dog out for a 2+ mile walk.

Brunch was carnivore, which I loved.  It was nice not to have to gorge myself "because".  Just loaded up on eggs, and then restricted bacon to 2-3 strips per trip to the buffet line and limited the breakfast sausage just to keep the fillers low.  Also scrapped the tops off about 7 different slices of pizza to get in a bunch of cheese alongside various processed meats.  Made sure to walk away satisfied but not overly stuffed.


Did chores for a few hours, came home, mowed the lawn and then immediately upon finishing hit up a 5 minute burpee chins blitz





Biggest issue was overcoming the coughing that kept hitting me.  But was good to get in that micro workout.  Nice to do these things because I want to rather than because I feel an obligation to.

Hung around until Mrs finished her paper, which put us in a state of a later dinner, so we went out to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate, I ordered the full rack of ribs and for my sides "2 side salads, in the same bowl, hold everything but the eggs".  Waiter HOOKED ME UP





And there were no survivors for the ribs


Also, while we were out, I bought the food for my next Rampage...life is different these days




I AM planning on adding alongside this some local honey, homemade sourdough, cornbread, and most likely a Finibar, as that worked out decently well last time.

I haven't worn any sunblock this summer, and have an incredibly deep tan from all this time outside.  Also, all my plantar warts have healed: something I just realized the other day.  Really wild the impact of this nutritional change.

No comments:

Post a Comment