Sunday, July 23, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3012

Summary of weekend

SATURDAY

Quick sum of day up until this point.  Slept until 0715, immediate 300 squats and push ups, amazing breakfast, chores, lunch at Q'doba (3 sides of meat as a meal: brisket, steak and chicken, alongside the leftover cheese from half of my kid's quesadilla)


Came home and did this





"Suburban Commando Conditioning"

> 100lb keg

> Press the keg 1 time, carry it overhead, load it one time, regular carry back.  

> Press 1 time other side, carry, load once, regular carry back.

> Now press 2, load 3

> Press 2 otherside, load 4

> You get the pattern.  Up to 3 presses and 6 loads, then reset the ladder.  Got through 2 full ladders in 20 minutes, then 1 per side.

Then went on a 3+ mile walk with the kiddo immediately after, while my heart rate was still up.

2 hours out from Texas De Brazil.  My abs are practically carved into my torso, and peep those shoulder veins in the video thumbnail: I NEED these calories.


SUNDAY


Quick sum so far: got up, 2 minute tabata squats and push ups, then 3 min max burpee chins (33), walk dog 2 miles, break fast with lighter carnivore brunch (still pretty satiated from dinner), chores, then the sequel to Suburban Commando





> 24kg Bells

> 135lb ish Stone of Steel

> EMOM, do 1 devil press into a thruster, then carry the bells to the SOS (sometimes overhead lockout, others rack carry), load the SOS, unload, farmers carry back

> My phone eventually overheated so I had to start estimating start times.

Regarding dinner: pretty sure I took in 400g of protein in one sitting.  Texas de Brazil is amazing. Beef ribs were still the best thing there, but they worked some magic with flank steak and sirloin, and I had some of the best tri tip outside of CA ever. I put away enough to create a stall in the kitchen, and we found the limit in that they wouldn’t let me have an entire beef rib. Definitely need to make my way back


Got in a 3 mile walk with the family. Decided to skip the intentional carb up this week. I think I got in enough trace carbs and protein yesterday to trigger gluconeogenesis as it is, and this is going to be a short week of work and then the Mrs and I going out one evening and celebrating her birthday on another, so carb opportunities will present.

2 comments:

  1. Looking like Cyclops from the X-Men with comic-book character levels of rippedness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though Cyclops is just plain awful, I'll definitely appreciate that compliment, haha. Thanks man!

      Delete