Thursday, November 30, 2023

 Training Log: Entry 3122

AM WORKOUT (0415 natural wake up, good night of sleep)


**CHAOS IS THE PLAN: THE CIMMERIAN CHRONICLE** Week 6, Workout 4





100 complexes of the following with 20kg bells


* Push up onto KBs

* Single arm clean and press

* Single arm front squat

* Pull up


20 minutes of Dan John’s ladder (2-3-5-10) with Prisoner Squats and Push ups


* Legit don’t know how many I did: just grinded it.


BREAKFAST


Walk w/wolf while wearing 50lb vest


Notes:


* I woke up this morning fantastically sore in my shoulders and rear delts.  That Klokov press/pull apart combo was amazing.  I’ve definitely been sleeping on Klokov presses: they’re THE behind the neck press.  


* With the competition coming up on Sunday, it was good to pick a workout where the intensity wasn’t too high and the effect was a bit more tonic/restorative.  That said, kettlebells are always interesting in this way.  The entire time you’re using them, it feels ok, but as soon as you put them down you get hit with a truck.  It’s a very different kind of fatigue.  My heart and lungs were just fine through this, but once it was done I was exhausted.  Not wiped out, but just “done”.


* This was the complex I hit last week with a new addition with that pull up.  I like getting in the pull up, but it breaks up the rhythm a bit more than I care to as far as a smooth complex goes.  In the future, I might make this an EMOM with a pull up buy in to achieve a similar effect.


* 40 minutes was the original plan, but I was close enough to 100 that I just rounded it out.  Woke up earlier enough that I had a little bit extra time to play with, and now I’m way ahead on my 180 minute goal.


* That follow-on 20 minutes was absolutely brutal.  This has done a great job of really lighting up my front delts.  Between these bodyweight squats and my 3x a week breathing squats, my legs are pretty well taken care of too.  


* Thinking out loud for the future, some things I “miss” are dips, reverse hypers and GHRs.  Secondarily, I feel like I could use some more KB swings and rows of some variety.  Definitely room to play around, and maybe these will get factored into my next Famine.

No comments:

Post a Comment