Thursday, July 9, 2015


Training Log: Entry 1888


AM WORKOUT


Axle Clean and Press (clean once)
12x210
5x210
3x190 (strict)

Notes: Seeing definite improvement everytime I hit time movement. Leg drive was totally on point, very crisp, no wasted movement. I actually get some of my best reps later in the set, when I'm fatigued and can't rely on strength to move the weight. A lot of reps that just flew from chest to lockout. Had some more reps in me on the strict set, but could feel my neck tensing up and didn't want to pinch a nerve again. Going to advance the weight to 220 next cycle.


(3) Incline DB press 105
1x10
1x8
1x5
(1) Incline DB press 105
1x5

Superset w/

GB lat pulldown 110
4x10

Superset w/

Band pull aparts
6x20

Notes: Not really moving on the DB incline press, but my pressing is improving, so I'd say it's still working. Held back on the reactive slingshot today, but I think I'm going to keep it in rotation. It torques my elbows a touch, but I like the focus on lockout.


Axle curl dropset
25
25
20
20
10

Notes: Progression is working, and at least I'm doing some sort of curl I suppose.

Average band pushdowns
2x15



General notes: Second day in a row of bodyweight at 197, which is a positive sign. Belt is fitting looser, hopefully I can find a good spot for it by the time comp rolls around.








PM WORKOUT




75' 550lb Yoke/ 205lb Sandbag run w/sandbag over bar
2 rounds

https://youtu.be/nLE5y0Ahqkw

Notes: To explain, run the yoke 75', run back to the starting point to grab the sandbag, run the sandbag 75', arrive at yoke and do 1 sandbag over bar.

2 rounds was enough. After training 3 days in a row and doing a 2 a day here, I was toast. Great ass-kicker, hits a lot of different events/movements, and totally fried me.

No comments:

Post a Comment