Monday, July 27, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1901


Weighted chins 55lbs
20 reps

Notes: Used one of my new loading pins for this and it was awesome. May actually encourage me to do more/different amounts of weighted movements.

Bench 295
5x5

superset w/

Band pull aparts
5x20

Notes: I'm so f**king stupid, I misloaded the bench. Was supposed to be 305 today. That said, it may have been a subconscious action anyway, as this 5x5 was fast and smooth with shorter rest periods but still decently taxing. I may need to just dial back the training max on this rotation until I start eating more again. I was at least happy to succeed with less weight than fail with more, and I'll see how next week ends up.


Shoulder circuit
3 rounds


Dips
1x26

Notes: Ironmind dip racks wobble a lot less than my old power tower. See myself doing a lot more dips in the future. This was once again to make up for lost volume, this time due to the mislead.


DB rows 105
9x3
1x25


General Notes: Woke up at 196.0. Wife's birthday is today, been celebrating the entire weekend, but I've actually managed to play it pretty smart. Went to Red Lobster last night and just got a triple order of shrimp scampi w/broccoli and a Cesar salad w/a bite of the cheddar biscuits (amazingly, I'm at that "sober living" part of the diet where I couldn't really stomach more than that, so it was self regulating), and otherwise been sticking mainly with salads and meats. Still taking in a lot of sodium, which is most likely affecting weight slightly, but I'll take it.

Love handles are pretty much gone. Trace amounts of lower back fat. These are the two hardest areas for me to lose fat in, so things are coming along nicely. Aside from bench, strength seems to be holding together pretty well. Biggest factor is just mental, and not in the "I want to eat more/bad things" side (I'm a pretty big creature of habit, so right now I'm settled in to a nice routine), but more in the sense that I want to do MORE rather than less. Gaining and growing is just always more satisfying than losing. Big thing is going to be being smart once I start adding. Last time, I went on a 3 year junk food binge, can't do that again.



PM Training

Dips
1x36

Notes: Just threw in a max rep set upon getting home from work to see what I could do. Wanna get this up to 50. Thinking I might try to shoot for a daily goal of 100 reps of dips on my pressing days to get some more upper body volume when I try to gain weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment