Friday, July 31, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1904


Dips
1x51

https://youtu.be/OXN5uNNZL80

Notes: Pretty pleased with how quickly I hit this goal. Also happy to see that the depth on the dips isn't too shallow. I'm not fully locking out at the top, I didn't expect that I was, as it would be a silly thing to do.




Haven't been recording it here, but I've actually been doing a max set of dips everyday since Monday.  Usually I'd hit this as soon as I got home from work, several hours after my morning workout.  The progression has gone as such.


Monday: 36
Tuesday: 40
Wednesday: 45 
Thursday: 47
Friday: 51




Not going to keep this up the week of the contest, but once I get back from that, I'm really going to chase this and see what I can do with it.



Band pull aparts
1x102


Notes: Shoulders were getting achy around Wednesday from all the dips, so I started throwing in a max set of pull aparts.  Always twice as many reps as the dips.  Seems to be putting the pain away.





Yoke 410lbs
4x75'

Notes: Pulled my left lat on the very first yoke run, and forgot to wear my knee sleeves on the last one. Still a good yoke day, very fast foot speed, and the muscle pull seems minor. I might have to skip deadlifts tomorrow, which will crush my ego, but I have zero concern about being healed by contest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment