Monday, July 13, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1891


Weighted chins 50lbs
28 reps

Bench 225
5x10

superset w/

Band pull aparts
5x20

Notes: Wasn't giving this weight enough respect on the first set and it felt terrible. Even though it's a down week, gotta still practice good technique. Spent the rest of the workout getting tight and exploding and it went well. Paused on the last rep of all sets. 3rd time I've run this routine, and this is the best control I've ever had over weight during the down week. Either I'm getting a lot stronger or a lot better, but either way I'm happy.


Shoulder circuit
3 rounds


DB rows 105
9x3
1x30

Notes: Things were feeling good today on the DB rows. May need to start really pushing this last set for some stupid high rep PRs.


Been toying with the idea of doing another powerlifting meet at some point. I'm still loving strongman, and I wouldn't change my training around much, but it might be fun to update my total.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to have that issue when I deload. I go in feeling loose and lazy and the deload weights sometimes feel heavier than my normal weeks, haha. I'm glad the bench scheme is working for you, it looks interesting.

    By the way, any reason you don't do those disgustingly heavy dumbbell rows anymore?

    I've had my eye on a powerlifting meet in August for a while but with my knee it's not looking promising. I'd love to see what your total is now if you compete in another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just laziness for the DB rows honestly. I have fixed weight DBs at 105, so I'm repping them out. I feel like a change is due soon though, but while I'm losing weight I probably don't need to really push these. I want to put some weight on after the loss, so I might start playing with some heavier stuff.

      I'll keep you posted if I end up competing in a meet. It's funny how "easy" powerlifting seems to me know after all the time in strongman, haha.

      Delete