Saturday, July 25, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1900

(2) Mat Pulls 585+chains
11 reps total
(2) Mat Pulls 495+chains
1x5

Notes: 8 on the first, 3 on the second.  Felt like I didn't have another pull in me at 585, and didn't want to risk it this close to a comp, so I dropped a plate to get some more reps in.  I may make that a regular thing, might even work dead stops ala my squat training.  Going to do everything in my power to hit 8 reps next week.  Felt like I could've had a 9th on the first pull today if I was willing to be stupid.


DOH hold 405+chains
40 seconds


Squats 360
1x17+3

Notes: Used my new buffalo bar today.  It weighs 52lbs, but I have 7.5 kilo bumper plates which come out to 33lbs, so score, I'm able to get a "5" at the end right?  Well stupid me immediately forgot about that and added a 5lb plate when not required.  Went up 15lbs from last week versus the 10 I was planning, but at least that explains the less than stellar performance.  Next week, I'll just move it up 5lbs.

The buffalo bar feels AMAZING, but I can't hold it quite as low on my back as I could with a barbell, so technique is a little different.  Slightly more high bar.




General notes: Weighed in at 194.6 this morning.  Skipped dinner last night since I drove an hour+ each way to get the gear, and by the time I got home and unloaded all the stuff I just had no appetite.  Still a stupid move.  Tried to make up with it on my cheat meal today: 2 western bacon cheeseburgers from the local burger joint, bread and all.  This was painful to put away.  I'm getting really excited about putting on some quality weight, mainly so I can quit doing this and just eat a lot of meat everyday.

Also, got some more thinner diameter 45lb plates, so I may be able to just straight increase the weight on my car deadlift frame instead of coming up with that rig, but that'll most likely still be in my future.



Holy cow, 1900 posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment