Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1892


(13) Chain Suspended Safety Squat Bar Squats
3x445+chains
6x355+chains

Notes: Back to full strength. Quick recovery. Last time this happened to me, I was out for 8 months, but part of that was just plain not knowing how to rehab. May have had a few more reps in me on the deadstop set of 355, but don't want to push myself too hard so close after recovery/so near a contest. Belt is fitting looser these days due to weight loss, may need to take it in a notch.


Reverse hyper 5 plates
3x11

superset w/

GHR sit up w/25lbs
3x8


Notes: I think pretty soon I'm going to start doing reverse hypers with a hold at the top of the rep. Gotta figure out a way to get more mileage out of the movement, as loading it up this heavy is getting stupid.


Car deadlift 7 plates
1x12

Notes: Great effort. Might've been able to eek out anther rep or 2, but I'm hitting limit weights here. Had to cut the workout a little short, would've liked to chase this with a little more work, but I'm still getting stronger. I think sometime in the future I should try this out with my deadlift suit.


General notes: Did the math and my contest week is going to fall on the exact week I would normally pull from the floor at the end of a cycle. My plan is to skip a week on my mat pulls (looking like the 3 mat week at this point), pull from the floor the week before the contest, and then take a down week the week of. It's not the most ideal, but it actually works out pretty well in terms of taking time off, being able to pull from the floor and fitting in the contest. I'll most likely continue with squat day as is since this cycle got a little jacked up due to the injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment