Monday, July 20, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1896


Weighted chins 50lbs
29 reps

Bench 285
2x7
1x6
1x5
1x4

Superset w/

Band pull aparts
5x20

Notes: Weight loss starting to show itself here. This is the one lift that I usually experience negative effects with when I lose weight. That said, this and the 3x3 week are the 2 toughest weeks for me in the program, so it's not totally unexpected. I will continue next week as planned, and if I can't make those reps, then I will reduce the training weights by 5-10lbs and continue on with the program. Few small external factors at play as well. Left hip flexor was feeling beat up this morning, made it hard to get into position, and my left foot kept slipping, which was killing leg drive a bit.


Shoulder circuit
3 rounds


Bodyweight dips
1x25

Notes: Just something to make up for lost volume during the bench workout. Traditionally, I'll just re-rack and rest pause to make up for missed reps, or hit another set, but I was on the clock today and this worked out better. Little taste of how things will be when I try to regain some weight.


DB rows 105
8x3
1x25



General notes: Weighed in at 196. Starting to see appreciable changes in bodyfat levels. Suffered some severe GI distress after the cheat meal on Saturday: don't think I can get away with eating like that any more. Could also be a contributing factor to state of weakness this morning, when paired with the extreme heat/humidity we've had here recently. Have also added tomatoes and cucumbers to my morning salad to get a little more variety in my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment