Friday, July 24, 2015


Training Log: Entry 1899


Sandbag (205lbs), Keg (182lbs), Keg (100lbs): 75' each
2 rounds

Notes: Each implement starts at the same spot, so I run the sandbag first, run back, run the first keg, run back, run the final keg, then die. Focused on sprinting between each implement. This really sucked, my conditioning is awful, definitely something I need to focus on in the off season. The sandbag moved really quick, and then I could jog with the first keg, but by the time I got to the third keg it was like a brisk walk. 2 rounds totally did me in, heart was beating like a jackhammer. Part of this is I got woken up twice in the middle of the night, so I went back to some old habits and had a fully charged Rockstar (240mg caffeine) before training.

I liked this circuit though, and was fried out on the yoke, so it was a fun change of pace. Next week, I'll hit the yoke light for speed, and then it's the contest.


I was going to hit arms after this but then I remembered something: f**k that.


General notes: Wife told me I looked skinny last night. Such a psychological blow, haha. Have pretty decent abs in the morning and still some abs at night, which is a good sign. May be picking up a ton of awesome lifting tear today (all Ironmind and Rogue), if it pans out, I'll update.

Bodyweight at 195.2 for the second day in a row.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the gear pans out. I'm still feeling the pain from that one guy who flaked on me. Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat panicking that all my weights have left me and have to go in the yard to check...

    Making up carry medleys sounds so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will attempt to not gloat too much, but here is the score

      For $1000 I picked up

      Ironmind Buffalo Bar
      Ironmind Squat/dip/chin rack
      Ironmind bench
      Ironmind belt squat
      Ironmind neck harness
      Rogue Axle
      Roge Farmer's Walks
      2 barbells (non-name brand)
      An EZ curl bar
      A bunch of Rogue locking collars/spring collars/screw collars
      4 45lb plates
      4 35lb plates
      4 25lb plates
      4 10lb plates
      2 5lb plates
      2 2.5lb plates

      Might be some more stuff.



      Carry medleys are fun in a masochistic brutal sort of way. Very little creativity needed to make things suck.

      Delete