Thursday, July 23, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1898


Circus DB 112.5
3x5

Notes: Technique has really improved on these. Much less pressing out and far more leg drive. Ideally, I would've been cleaning each rep in training, but my Home Depot bucket bell is about on it's last legs. Still, feeling pretty confident for the contest.


Incline dumbbell press 105
(4) 1x8
(3) 1x8
(2) 1x8
(1) 1x6
(0) 1x5

superset w/

GB lat pulldown 110
5x10

superset w/

Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: Some explanation. Wasn't progressing with the incline DB presses the way I wanted to be and was concerned that I wasn't hitting all the angles I needed to in order to build up a stronger press. Solution: Lower the incline each set. This way, I'm working through a bunch of different angles while still allowing myself to really push hard on those first few sets. Think now, my plan is going to be that, when I hit 10 reps on the first set (maybe first 2), I'll increase the incline again.


Had to cut out the arms training. Workout got cut short. May finish it tonight or throw it in with events tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment