Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2047

Seated chain suspended buffalo bar good mornings
5xBar
5x100
5x140
5x190
5x230
3x280
3x320
1x370 (PR by default)
5x320  (1 rep PR)


Notes: Great day for seated good mornings. Stars were aligned. Lower back felt bulletproof, and things moved smooth. The 370 rep felt like old times; saw stars, got dizzy, almost collapsed, took a big breath and went for another.  Crashed into the chains, but was able to get another rep on the set of 320 for another PR in the workout.


Axle deadlifts 60lbs
1x150


Notes: First deadlift workout since surgery.  My PT today reversed a prior decision and said KB swings were too ballistic, but DLs were ok.  My eyes lit up like Christmas. Still have to go light, but there are always more reps to be had.  Fun new factor to deal with: with one quad now significantly larger than the other, the bar pinwheels outward at the top of the rep. Technique was still pretty solid with so little practice.


Blast strap fallouts
1x85


Neck harness 45lbs
45-20-20



Reverse hyper 10lbs
1x100



General notes: Woke up at 188.8. As noted above, my PT techs are kinda fighting with each other on my rehab, so I get schizophrenic advice.  Still, the general consensus is that I'm improving, just how far I can push myself comes into question.


Used my new Why Our Way straps for the axle deads. They work great, well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment